• Always read the product label and follow directions carefully. They contain important
information about proper application, handling and storage of the product you're using.
Used correctly, pool water chemicals safeguard the health of your entire family. If they're
mishandled, they can be hazardous, or dangerous.
• Contact your BioGuard® Approved Retailer for advice for the correct disposal of unused
chemicals and containers.
• Always store chemical products safely with the containers tightly closed and out of reach
of children. Ensure they are stored in a cool, dry, well ventilated place, away from other
household, garden and petroleum products.
• Always add maintenance products to the pool water separately and in different areas.
• Take care when putting product into the pool on windy days to prevent product blowing
into your eyes, mouth, skin or onto clothes.
• Clean up any spills promptly. Small amounts can be hosed into the pool, contact your
BioGuard® Approved Retailer for advice on larger spills.
• Never interchange measuring scoops between products.
• Never store liquids near other chemicals, petrol or metallic objects.
• Never mix chemicals of any kind together, and never smoke near the chemicals.
An uncontrolled reaction such as fuming, fire or explosion could occur.
• Never add water directly to chemicals - always add the chemical to large amounts
• Never inhale the fumes of the products.
In the event of accidental contact,
or if the product is swallowed, follow
the advice on the label, and call
your doctor and/or the Poisons
Information Centre (AU) 13 11 26,
or (NZ) 0800 764 766.